Home » Release Notes »
Changes in version 3.3.2 (Feb 1, 2017)
- Enabled the “Import from Addgene” command to support searching by plasmid number.
- Added "propeptide" to the list of allowable feature types.
- Fixed a visual issue where a portion of Features or Primers view
could be displayed outside the scrolled region.
(Reported by Cor Breukel)
- Restored the proper response with pinch to zoom on macOS.
(Reported by Yuta Chigi)
- Improved the import of GenBank files containin empty LOCUS lines.
(Reported by Guangyong Ma)
- Ensured that the Restriction Enzymes and Enzyme Database dialogs can be shown
(Reported by Scott James)
- Enhanced the stability of the importer for ApE feature libraries.
(Reported by Jeremy Rabinowitz)
- Fixed an issue that prevented portions of some primers from being shown as hybridizing
to the template.
(Reported by Elena Fujiwara)
- Improved the import of GenBank files containing nonstandard feature types and qualifiers.
(Requested by Reinhard Wilting)
- Restored the original behavior for the Select Range command when no
selection is already present.
- Enabled the creation of nondirectional mat_peptide, sig_peptide, and
transit_peptide features as well as reverse directional S_region features.
- Fixed an issue where protein searches might not return matches when ORFs were
allowed to begin at an end of a linear sequence.
- Improved how ORFs are shown when they are allowed to start at an end of a
- Improved alignment of controls in the Add/Edit/Duplicate Primer dialogs.
- Enhanced the "Import from NCBI" dialog to tolerate … as well as .. when
specifying a base range.
- Changed the update notifications so that if your copy of SnapGene is out of date,
detailed information is shown about the latest point release but not any subsequent
bug fix release.
- Configured the updater so that if you choose to skip a release, SnapGene no longer
reminds you about any associated bug fix releases.
- Fixed various issues that caused the alignment display to scroll when toggling
the visibility of aligned sequences.
- Improved history recording so that endpoint stickiness is properly stored
for ancestral sequences even if changes made using “Edit DNA Ends” were not saved
before a cloning simulation.
- Fixed an issue where uninstalling on Windows did not remove all installed dll's.
- Improved the appearance of SnapGene on a standard-DPI external display paired
with a high-DPI primary display on Windows.
- Improved the import of multiple /note qualifiers from GenBank files.