Home » Release Notes »
Changes in version 4.1 (Nov 7, 2017)
- Enhanced collections to support a folder view of the files.
- Added support for formatting and updating code numbers for sequences
stored in collections.
- Provided the option of marking sequences in a collection as part of a
"Working Set" that can be easily viewed and manipulated.
- Added the ability to drag files from a collection in order to (a) copy them to
another location or collection, (b) move them to the Trash, or (c) attach them
to an email message.
- Added an undoable "Trim History Tree" command to the pull-down menu at the top
right of History view.
- Added a "Batch Trim File Histories" command to the File menu.
(Requested by Dan Piraner)
- Added a new preference for automatically trimming the history of a sequence.
(Suggested by Dan Piraner)
- Added the ability to choose enzymes that are palindromic, uninterrupted
(no internal N's), or nondegenerate (A, C, G, and T only) to the Choose Enzymes
(Requested by Vadim Timerbaev)
- Added the option to import only primers that have a unique binding site.
(Requested by an anonymous customer)
- Added absorbance values to the Properties tab for protein sequence files.
(Requested by Genevieve Labbe)
- Added an "Import from Another File" button to the "Edit References" dialog.
(Suggested by Karl Brune)
- Added "Date Created" as a sortable field when viewing a collection.
(Requested by Seth Goldman)
- Enabled drag and drop of entire folders into a collection, and added an
"Import Folders into Collection" command.
- Added a context menu to the Browse Common Features dialog's list to enable
editing or removing a feature, adding or removing a feature from the Favorites
list, or opening a feature in a new window.
- Added a "Duplicate in New Window" button to the Browse Common Features dialog.
- Added the ability to order constructs directly from Synbio Technologies.
- Added support for multiple copies of the following qualifiers:
allele, cell_line, cell_type, citation, clone, clone_lib, cultivar, dev_stage,
experiment, function, host, isolate, lab_host, map, note, operon,
PCR_conditions, phenotype, pop_variant, product, standard_name, strain,
sub_clone, sub_strain, tissue_lib, tissue_type.
(Requested by Novozymes)
- Added an option in Preferences for hiding the dashed line tick marks in
(Requested by Raffaele Fiorenza)
- Reduced the minimum primer length for simulating mutagenesis.
(Requested by Sriram Vijayraghavan)
- Improved the import of multiple files of varying types into a collection.
(Requested by Dan Kraut)
- Added history colors for "Splice to Remove Introns".
- Enhanced History view to display annealed oligo names.
- Enhanced the Addgene importer so that when only a partial sequence is available,
the topology is shown as linear, unless the backbone size is available, in
which case a circular sequence padded with N's is shown.
- Added the option of either preserving or updating the Date Added attribute when
a file in collection is replaced by importing a new copy.
- Ensured that after a common feature is edited, the list scrolls to show the
edited feature if its name was modified.
- Added "Swiss-Prot" to the list of formats offered when using Batch Convert
- Made flipping a sequence trace an undoable action.
- Added the option of requiring an exact match when replacing a feature name,
primer name, or sequence author for sequences in a collection.
- Added "Find Protein Sequence" and "Find Enzyme / Feature / Primer" commands
to the Edit menu, by creating a cascading "Find" menu that improves
- Removed the compact format button from the side toolbar in the Anneal Oligos
dialog because it provided minimal utility.
- Added a warning to help prevent accidental pasting of a copied DNA sequence
into the protein search controls.
- Enhanced the Edit Feature dialog so that when using "Create Feature Segment",
the list scrolls if necessary to make the created segment visible.
- Added support for "Make Protein" from within the Browse Common Features dialog.
- Added an alert when using a file with over 25 levels of ancestors, to indicate
that simulations may be slow unless the history is trimmed.
- Added a draggable splitter to the DNA feature dialogs to allow more space to
view qualifier or segment information.
- Added support for "New File From Selection" to the Simulate Agarose Gel dialog.
- Made various optimizations.
- Enhanced the color, alignment, and look and feel of buttons and other interface
- Reduced Linux download size.
- Enhanced the GenBank importer to make better use of the SOURCE field.
(Requested by Novozymes)
- Enabled the import of malformed GenBank files that lack a LOCUS line.
(Reported by Yoshihisa Oda)
- Enhanced the reliability of the DNASTAR SeqBuilder and EditSeq importers.
(Reported by Kensuke Kataoka and Alex Justen)
- Improved the reliability of recognizing the default genetic code when opening
DNASTAR SeqBuilder files.
(Reported by Kensuke Kataoka)
- Fixed an issue that prevented import of some Geneious files.
(Reported by Karl)
- Fixed an issue with decoding GenBank files saved by ApE where N's were encoded
(Reported by Bianca Nijmeijer)
- Fixed an issue where remote recent files were sometimes not listed after
quitting and starting the program.
(Reported by Dr Fanny Passot)
- Fixed an issue with importing some records from NCBI.
(Reported by Thomas Folliard)
- Improved the reliability of Undo/Redo after saving.
(Reported by Leonid Valentovich)
- Enabled the Copy command in the Save/Save As dialogs, while disabling other
irrelevant menu commands.
(Reported by David Scalzo)
- Enabled use of the Copy keyboard shortcut from within the DNA feature dialogs.
(Reported by Juan Antonio Raygoza Garay)
- Fixed an issue with importing some sequences from Addgene.
(Reported by Alexandra Iouranova)
- Ensured that Sassafras-based installations will not consume a second license if
a second copy of SnapGene is launched on the same computer.
- Improved feature selection behavior so that when two overlapping features are
selected, the union of the two feature sequences is selected.
- Fixed the following unreliable shortcuts in cascading menus on macOS:
File → Import → NCBI Sequence (Cmd+Shift+O)
Edit → Copy Bottom Strand → 5'to 3' (Cmd+Shift+C)
Edit → Find → [Various]
View → Toolbars → Toggle [Top | Side] Toolbar
All Commercial (Cmd+Shift+Opt+A)
Nonredundant Commercial (Cmd+Opt+A)
Unique Cutters (Cmd+Opt+1)
Unique & Dual Cutters (Cmd+Opt+2)
6+ Cuters (Cmd+Opt+6)
Unique 6+ Cutters (Cmd+Opt+7)
Actions → Restriction Cloning → Insert One (Cmd+Opt+I)
Actions → OE PCR → Overlap Two (Cmd+Shift+D)
Tools → Align → Various
- Fixed a number of memory leaks.
- Made various stability improvements.
- Fixed an issue where the "Save Changes" button was not always enabled when
one or more files was selected while viewing "Unsaved" files.
- Fixed an issue where history view did not clear when multiple files in a
collection were selected.
- Improved the process of assigning files imported into a collection to the
correct area of the collection.
- Fixed an issue with sorting collection files by date.
- Fixed the macOS shortcut (Cmd+Backspace) discarding unsaved changes in Collections.
- Fixed the macOS shortcut (Cmd+Backspace) closing a document without updating.
- Edit → Select All and Edit → Invert Selection can now be used to select
files in collections.
- Ensured that feature directionality is preserved when exporting to GenBank
format and re-importing.
- Enabled the import of large Geneious files.
- Disabled menu commands that should not be available in manipulation dialogs.
- Removed nonfunctional SCF / ZTR / FASTQ options from the Batch Convert File
- Fixed an issue where Edit → Find Protein Sequence could sometimes show
the "Find Feature" controls instead while viewing a protein sequence.
- Prevented a blue line from appearing inappropriately when clicking on the upper
ruler in Sequence view.
- Enabled the launch dialog to be closed on macOS even when it is configured
to appear when all windows have been closed.
- Modified the window announcing a new SnapGene version so that it no longer
requires an immediate decision about updating.
- Ensured that "Show Selected Features" and "Hide Selected Features" are properly
enabled when interacting with protein sequences.
- Fixed an issue where when importing multiple files into a collection, files
could sometimes be shown in the wrong category.