Home » Release Notes »
Changes in version 4.2.4 (Aug 17, 2018)
- Increased the maximum allowed primer length to 250 bases.
(Requested by Eduardo Rodenas Martinez)
- Dramatically sped up opening of large FASTQ files.
(Requested by Alfonso Valencia)
- Enhanced the "Make Protein" converter to transfer DNA colors to the protein sequence.
(Requested by Luca Jovine)
- Allowed protein_bind features to be bidirectional.
- Provided the option, when using Folders view in a collection, to rename a selected file
or folder by tapping Enter/Return on macOS or F2 on Windows.
- Enabled import from NCBI of the reverse complement of a range of bases by specifying
the right endpoint first.
- Enhanced the multiple alignment tool to accept sequence traces as input.
- Ensured that the Find bar and search results remain visible when switching to another
sequence file in a collection and then back.
- Updated the common features database.
- Updated MAFFT from 7.312 to 7.407.
- Made various color, textual, and other visual enhancements.
- Improved network communication on Windows.
(Reported by F. Javier Piedrafita and others)
- Fixed an issue where changing the name of a new DNA or protein file after pasting in a
GenBank or GenPept sequence resulted in all features being lost.
(Reported by C. Dustin Rubinstein)
- Fixed numerous issues with using proper group and decimal separators for European users.
(Reported by Thomas Reinard)
- Improved the import of primers copied to the clipboard from programs such as Excel.
(Requested by Leah Tait and others)
- Fixed an issue that resulted in content in the Description Panel not being visible or
displaying the wrong font.
(Reported by Peter Nguyen, Pratyush Routray, and Cole Peters)
- Improved the editing of custom common features.
(Reported by Shahar Bracha)
- Improved stability when running SnapGene on a case-sensitive APFS file system.
(Reported by Jason Eads and Unekwu Yakubu)
- Improved the decoding of features in Geneious files.
(Reported by Christine Eyler)
- Prevented duplicate annotations that could occur when detecting common features.
(Reported by Wulf-Dirk Leuschner)
- Prevented false positives when searching a collection by sequence name.
(Reported by Melissa Stokes)
- Enabled the pasting into various controls of text that begins with "<" and ends with ">".
(Reported by Wulf Dirk Leuschner)
- Modified the feature translation context menu to include a command for adjusting feature
translation options rather than generic translation options.
(Reported by Chris Tipper)
- Restored the NEB "2-Log DNA Ladder", which is identical to the newly renamed
"1 kb Plus DNA Ladder".
(Requested by multiple confused scientists)
- Improved stability when running Clustal Omega on some Windows installations.
(Reported by Yaseen Mamoori)
- Corrected a regression that resulted in the font size being too large when printing.
(Reported by Tausif Alam and others)
- Corrected a regression with copying from SnapGene and pasting into programs such as Excel.
(Reported by Leah Tait and others)
- Ensured that the default directory for opening/saving/exporting is shown by default.
- Improved the opening of RTF-encoded files.
- Improved the warning system for shared licenses when the application has been idle for
an extended period of time.
- Prevented the selection (or selection bar) from being cleared inappropriately
when editing a multiple alignment.
- Improved stability when deleting residues within a multiple alignment.
- Ensured that the selection bar is empty when a single row of gaps is selected in a
- Ensured that clicking the symbols button consistently pops up a dialog on Windows.
- Prohibited renaming a folder in a collection to include a forbidden
- Fixed an issue with computing alignments with Clustal Omega, MUSCLE, and T-Coffee on
Windows while logged in with a username that contains Unicode characters.
- Ensured that when a DNA sequence is modified so that the number of feature segments drops
to one, the remaining segment name is cleared.
- Fixed an issue where -'s were shown when line breaking text in some places in the
- Improved the computation of sequence-profile alignments with MAFFT.
- Fixed various issues with renaming a folder in a collection and then maintaining focus or
retaining the selection.
- Improved the behavior when using Find in Features view.
- Ensured that features are consistently the appropriate height in circular maps.
- Ensured that an amino acid name is displayed in Sequence view when a codon spans two
adjacent translated features.
- Improved stability when opening certain files.
- Corrected the "Go To" dialog to show a blinking cursor instead of "1" when first opened.
- Improved the behavior when creating or choosing a new Main Collection on Windows.
- Fixed an isolated pliancy issue on macOS with Features and Primers views.
- Corrected the behavior when Cmd/Ctrl-clicking feature names in Features view.
- Ensured robust alignments with T-Coffee when the user account has spaces
in the username.