Changes in version 4.2.5 (Sep 19, 2018)
- Added Accuris DNA Ladders.
(Requested by Matthias Hamdorf)
- Added GenDEPOT DNA Ladders.
(Requested by Joseph Lancman)
- Added support for batch converting FASTQ files.
(Requested by Novozymes)
- Added a check mark in the Enzymes view pull-down menu to indicate when enzymes are sorted by location or distance from the selection.
- Improved the placement of tooltips for amino acids in translated features.
(Requested by John Murray)
- Reduced the minimum allowed primer Tm to 10°C.
(Requested by Paula Patterson)
- Ensured that rapid consecutive Return button presses will not cause instability or
appearance of multiple copies of a dialog.
(Reported by Marcy Patrick)
- Improved the import of primers copied from other programs such as Excel.
(Reported by Inna Zukher and Nick Martin)
- Fixed a stability issue when pasting content copied from Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer.
(Reported by Novozymes)
- Improved the horizontal placement of linear map labels when exporting high-DPI images.
(Reported by Mily Ron)
- Ensured that the selection is preserved when duplicating lanes amplified by PCR in the
Simulate Agarose Gel dialog.
(Reported by Carles Alvarez)
- Prevented triggering of the top left hot corner on macOS when switching to Features or
(Reported by Sadik)
- Improved the opening of SeqBuilder Pro files.
(Requested by Christopher Skrodzki, Linas Padegimas, and others)
- Prevented a hang that occurred in some circumstances when simulating an agarose gel by
amplifying fragments with manually specified primers.
(Reported by Ryan Schulze)
- Fixed an issue with storing ancestors in the history when simulating a procedure.
(Reported by Nelson Cole)
- Ensured that the Gateway LR Cloning dialog always recognizes a valid set of templates for
(Reported by Georg Huber)
- Ensured that "Replace Original with Aligned" works as intended, even with unsaved files.
(Reported by Lauri Lintott)
- Configured files in a collection to be marked as unsaved after replacing code numbers.
- Improved the replacement of feature names in collections.
- Improved stability when saving an alignment after the Description is modified.
- Fixed an issue with displaying or editing the Description in a collection overview.
- Improved auto-population of the registration dialog for IP-based licenses.
- Ensured the reliable display of custom colors in Sequence view.
- Enabled the opening of text files with macOS traditional line endings.
- Prevented the Choose Enzymes dialog from being shown twice when using the pull-down menu in Enzymes view.
- Fixed an issue with using Enzymes → Choose Enzymes from the Browse Common Features dialog.
- Ensured that the Close button is enabled in various modal dialogs on Windows.
- Fixed a recent regression with showing run-on translations in Sequence View.
- Made various other stability improvements.
- Configured ancestors that are not embedded and thus not cannot be resurrected to be shown in black rather than blue in History view.
- Improved the display of closely labeled enzymes, features, and primers in linear maps.
- Improved performance on Windows when saving changes to files.