Home » Release Notes »
Changes in version 4.2.7 (Dec 3, 2018)
- Added support for opening Clone Manager .cm5 protein files.
(Requested by Scott Loiler)
- Added Nippon Genetics DNA ladders.
(Requested by Christoph Horst and by BONI)
- Added Bio-Rad DNA ladders.
(Requested by Saeed)
- Added Thermo Fisher's Trackit™ 1 Kb Plus DNA Ladder.
- Added a "Save All" command to the top toolbar "Save" menu while interacting with collections.
- Improved decoding of FASTA content.
- Updated the list of default sequence authors.
- Improved messaging when attempting to delete after placing a cursor in a
protein sequence or an aligned sequence.
- Updated the fragment sizes for NEB's improved 1 Kb Extended DNA Ladder.
(Reported by Jing Liang)
- Improved the Align to Reference Sequence algorithm.
(Reported by Paula Patterson)
- Improved detection of Gateway sites in sequences containing stretches of N's.
(Reported by Ben Bulrich)
- Improved exporting names of features with "<" and ">" characters to GenBank formats.
(Reported by Wulf-Dirk Leuschner)
- Fixed a stability issue with editing collection code numbers.
- Improved decoding of custom numbering in Gene Construction Kit files.
- Ensured that opened windows use the preferred top toolbar appearance.
(Reported by Pedro Matos)
- Improved legibility when Dark Mode is enabled on macOS 10.14 Mojave.
(A future update will allow SnapGene to adopt a Dark Mode appearance itself.)
- Enabled double-clicking or right-clicking to open files on Lubuntu Linux.
(Reported by Sahand Rahi)
- Improved the behavior when exporting aligned sequences from Align to Reference Sequence mode.
(Reported by Lauri Lintott)
- Made the reference sequence bold when printing an alignment to a reference sequence.
- Improved Enzymes view so that selecting an enzyme in the name column no longer changes
the sequence selection.
- Improved stability when printing maps with long stretches of N's on macOS.
(Reported by Ben Low)
- Enbled import of primers from Clone Manager files that contain vertical tab characters.
(Reported by André Michaelis)
- Improved consistency when importing protein sequences from NCBI.
- Fixed a number of issues with choosing and preserving templates while using cloning,
gel, primer, and mutagenesis dialogs.
(Reported by Yan Lu)
- Improve scrolling to selected files in collection windows.
- Updated the Addgene importer to recognize the new database output.
- Improved multiple sequence alignment consensus accuracy.
- Improved the import of primer lists copied from Excel.
(Reported by Greg Shackleford)
- Ensured that the selection in Sequence view's minimap is always blue
when the window is active.
- Fixed various issues when saving documents to non-native file formats (GenBank, FASTA, etc.).
(Reported by Gert Peters)