Home » Release Notes »
Changes in version 4.3.5 (Mar 21, 2019)
- Added Ozyme DNA ladders.
(Requested by Laetitia Attaiech)
- Added support for the /submitter_seqid qualifier for "source" features.
(Requested by Novozymes)
- Added the capability to open and convert Vector NTI® AlignX files (.apr and aprx
- Made extensive optimizations that speed responsiveness for certain configurations.
(Requested by Paula Patterson and others)
- Sped up the dragging of trimmed ends of aligned sequences when the aligned sequences
are viewed as double-stranded DNA.
- Improved accuracy when computing protein MW values.
(Requested by Eric Fang)
- Made various color and textual enhancements.
- Added a setting under Preferences → File to enable preservation and transfer of
"source" features when simulating various types of DNA manipulations.
(Requested by Novozymes)
- Enabled import of a listed file by double-clicking when importing online sequences
from SnapGene or Addgene.
- Enabled contig assembly with only two sequences.
(Reported by Rony Orobio)
- Fixed an issue with loading alignments that wrap around the numerical origin.
(Reported by Sofie Aesaert)
- Ensured proper computation of the number of DNA molecules when using a comma instead of
a decimal in the weight value.
(Reported by Tuisku Suoranta)
- Enabled the use of various non-native file formats when computing multiple sequence alignments.
(Reported by Neal Waxman)
- Fixed an issue with copying information from Microsoft Office and pasting it into
feature qualifier fields and other fields.
(Reported by Mick Chandler)
- Improved import of files into the Assemble Contigs dialog.
(Reported by Min-Hyeok Cha)
- Prevented automatic choice of a nonstandard genetic code when inserting
codons into an empty synthetic construct.
- Ensured correct display of small segments of full-length features in circular maps.
- Improved the import of reverse directional translated BED and Genome Compiler features.
- Removed the "Prioritize this feature..." checkbox for protein site and bond features
because it had no effect.
- Improved stability when canceling during import of a Vector NTI database.
- Enabled BLAST searches when individual sequences are selected in a multiple sequence alignment.
- Omitted actions that did not apply when viewing various files types in collections.
- Ensured that the collection folder icon is always correctly set.
- Improved the "Edit Features" behavior when the DNA feature type is changed, with respect to marking
features as translated and ensuring that they have appropriate directionality.
- Improved focus and selection color when moving sequences aligned to a reference DNA sequence up or
down in the list box.
- Ensured that changes in methylation in an open document propagate
to cloning dialogs in which that same document is displayed.
- Improved the display of restriction fragments in a cloning dialog if an enzyme that is always
blocked by methylation is chosen.
- Improved auto-completion of enzyme names.
- Fixed an issue with properly identifying the amount of available memory, especially
on systems with over 4 Gb of memory.
- Prevented a rare issue of missed matches that wrap around the numerical origin
in extremely small sequences.
- Improved the behavior of PCR products in the Mutagenesis dialog.
- Corrected an empty warning message in the Mutagenesis dialog.