Home » Release Notes »
Changes in version 4.3.8 (May 14, 2019)
- Added a Chinese language option.
- Enabled "Copy Protein" to work when a DNA selection is not associated with a specific
(Requested by Ah-Ram Kim)
- Improved performance of large collections on a network on Windows.
(Reported by Guillaume Audic)
- Enhanced the sequence importer to handle text files with lines that end with numbers.
(Requested by Mary Love Taylor)
- Improved the behavior and availability of the mismatch navigation controls in the Align
to Reference DNA Sequence interface.
(Requested by Kai Wu)
- Improved selection and scrolling performance in large collections.
- Improved the detection of common features within larger lacZα features.
- Configured collections produced by importing Vector NTI® databases to sort by "File Name"
and "Date Created" by default.
- Mirrored visibility of the Description Panel when switching between DNA and protein files
in a collection.
- Added a message dialog when the Assemble Contigs tool does not generate any contigs.
- Made various textual enhancements.
- Ensured that primer names are not duplicated when importing primers from a list or
(Reported by Tom Folliard)
- Fixed the import of GFF3 features into circular plasmids.
(Reported by Catherine Ludden)
- Fixed an issue in which no matches were found for an enzyme name if spaces were
- Added file association registration for the .gcg, .apr, and .aprx file extensions.
- Ensured that in an imported Vector NTI® Express database, a Date Created entry is not
erroneously stated as "Today."
- Corrected a regression with the display of ORFs in Map view.
- Corrected a regression that prevented directionality arrows from being present in features
when Sequence view is in horizontal scrolling mode.
- Ensured that "Batch Trim File Histories" is enabled when only one level of history exists.
- Prevented a situation that could cause ancestral sequences to be duplicated in files.
- Corrected a regression that altered the display of features in aligned sequences after
- Ensured that ambiguous bases are represented as N's when performing multiple alignment of
sequence trace files.
- Fixed an issue in which collection folders sometimes incorrectly expanded after addition
of files or folders.
- Improved the summary of imported files when files are added to a collection using the
Windows Explorer, the macOS Finder, or the command line.