Home » Release Notes »
Changes in version 4.3.9 (Jun 4, 2019)
- Enabled collections to support the creation and use of aliases/shortcuts to files.
- Improved the Vector NTI database importers so that a single primary copy of each sequence
is created, with any additional copies in folders being represented by aliases/shortcuts.
(Requested by customers transitioning from Vector NTI)
- Made IP-based licenses more flexible and robust.
- Added a FASTA header when using BLAST for various types of selections.
- Added DNA ladders from Molecular Biology Products and Rockland.
- Ensured that the anonymous statistics will recognize macOS 10.15 Catalina.
- Made various textual enhancements.
- Fixed an issue that prevented opening some Geneious files.
(Reported by Patrick Wilson)
- Configured the exporter for GenBank format and other text-based file formats to omit the
(Requested by Wulf Dirk Leuschner)
- Enabled the Assemble Contigs dialog to recognize sequence files that are formatted as
plain text without a FASTA header.
(Reported by Marcin Ura)
- Improved responsiveness when navigating complex alignments with a reference sequence.
(Reported by Michael Baughn)
- Improved the name display for sequences imported from NCBI into a multiple alignment dialog.
(Requested by Janine Buonato)
- Improved the visibility of menu controls on Windows.
- Corrected a problem in which files and folders added to collections did not always become
visible within the interface.
- Resolved a stability issue with collections.
- Fixed a regression that prevented easy pasting of RNA sequences into the New DNA File dialog.
- Prevented expansion of subfolders after converting a Vector NTI® database to a collection.
- Improved margins in the Choose Enzymes dialog on Windows.
- Corrected display of the agarose percentages on Windows for the expanded menu in the
Simulate Agarose Gel dialog.
- Enabled the Edit > Delete menu items when gap characters are selected in a multiple
- Ensured that the Date columns in a collection will stretch appropriately in List view
when the entries are long.
- Prevented the brief appearance of console windows on Windows when creating new
collections, e.g., when converting Vector NTI® .cep files.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent a collection folder from displaying the correct icon