Home » Release Notes »
Changes in version 5.0.5 (Nov 15, 2019)
- Dramatically sped up importing primers from large lists.
- Added the ability to mark matching/mismatching bases with dots in multiple DNA
(Requested by Syngenta)
- Made the controls for visibility of aligned sequences less disconcerting.
(Requested by several customers)
- Reduced the number of options presented when exporting sequence traces to list only the
- Ensured consistent printing of sequence logos in multiple DNA sequence alignments.
(Reported by Neil Cooch)
- Enhanced collections to move incorrectly categorized DNA and protein files that have been
added to collections using Windows Explorer or macOS Finder.
(Reported by Charles Lee)
- Fixed an issue that prevented renaming collection folders on Windows.
(Reported by Sergey Smirnov)
- Ensured full display of feature qualifiers in the Edit Feature dialog.
(Reported by Mick Chandler)
- Improved the importer behavior for certain ApE, GenBank, SwissProt, and EMBL files.
(Reported by Anne-Sophie Stolle)
- Fixed an issue which resulted in too many DNA characters being shown in Sequence view
on Windows computers that have high-DPI displays.
(Reported by Zach Parker)
- Decreased battery usage by using the integrated instead of discrete graphics card on
portable Macintosh computers.
(Reported by Amin Mahpour on Twitter)
- Improved stability when saving large GenBank files on Windows.
(Reported by Konstantin Levay and Chun Han)
- Added DY380, EL250, EL350, SW102, SW105 and SW106 bacterial transformation strains.
(Requested by Dale Cowley)
- Ensured consistent display of all mismatches in aligned sequences when
viewing a linear map.
(Reported by Gregory Shackleford)
- Fixed an issue that prevented importing all primers from lists when unusual characters
are present in the list file.
(Reported by Fritz Benseler and Sigrun Feldmann)
- Improved the reliability of network-based licenses.
- Removed the obsolete "Align Full Sequences" command from the
"Align to Reference DNA Sequences" submenu.
- Improved stability when showing information about new SnapGene versions.
- Improved pliancy for links in rich edits.
- Improved stability when undoing edits within the Description Panel.
- Improved alignment interface margins and spacing on Windows.
- Resolved an issue with properly showing selections and focus
when returning to a SnapGene window.
- Ensured that amino acids associated with mismatches are always shown in red
when viewing alignments to a reference sequence.
- Enabled duplication of mirrored files in a collection.
- Improved selection colors for selected features and primers.
- Improved stability when using "New File from Selection" in large files.
- Improved import from text formats that use unusual character encodings.
- Disabled the "Preserve original numbering" option when creating a new file
from a selection that wraps around the numerical origin.
- Improved cursor placement and the selection bar message after deleting leading bases.
- Updated the selection bar to display the correct position of a cursor or selection after
adjusting the numerical origin of a linear sequence.
- Improved stability when importing large sequences from NCBI and opening large
files on Windows.
- Added a missing file extension when saving downloaded files after using
"Import NCBI Sequences".