Home » Release Notes »
Changes in version 5.1.4 (Jun 17, 2020)
- Added support for importing protein features from the GFF3 format.
(Requested by Takeda)
- Enabled features to be preserved when a replacement leaves the sequence length unchanged.
(Requested by Sanofi)
- Enabled the import of custom user fields from Vector NTI databases.
(Requested by Decheng)
- Increased the 3' match length limit to 25 bases when importing primers from a list.
(Requested by Yield10 Bio)
- Enabled capture of the history of a protein translated from DNA when importing from
Vector NTI Advance.
(Requested by Romain Merceron)
- Enhanced primer tooltips to include % GC for the annealed region.
(Requested by Ori Mayer)
- Improved copy and paste of sequence alignments into text editors and other programs.
(Requested by Pam Cook)
- Increased the size of the DOI field when editing references.
- Made various color, layout, and textual enhancements.
- Mandated use of the proper default font size when creating new files, importing from online,
and opening non-native files.
(Reported by Donelson Smith)
- Corrected an issue that prevented importing primers into multiple files in a collection.
(Reported by Michael Brasino)
- Corrected a regression with displaying translations and the "Original Sequence" when
no sequences are aligned to the reference DNA sequence.
(Reported by Scott James)
- Enabled changing methylation for placeholder files.
- Fixed various issues when working with placeholder files.
- Implemented automatic correction of invalid alignments to a reference sequence computed
with prior versions.
- Fixed an issue that prevented manually specifying the zoomed range.
- Corrected the "+" symbol in plasmid names when importing from "SnapGene Online Sequences".
- Ensured correct updating of the zoomed range when navigating to matches with the Find tool.
- Addressed an issue with specifying the position of protein interchain bond locations.
- Removed the "Codons" cascading menu when interacting with protein sequences.
- Corrected an issue that prevented importing multi-sequence GenBank and GenPept files
into a collection.
- Ensured that translation numbering is maintained when using Make Protein from multiple
selected translated features.
- Ensured that the match threshold controls are listed only once when importing features
from a SnapGene file.
- Corrected an issue that could cause file names to be clipped in source menus.
- Fixed an issue that caused files to be marked as modified after hovering over hyperlinks
in the Description Panel.
- Ensured that stop codons present in protein query strings are included in the search results.
- Improved the import of multi-part qualifiers from Geneious.
- Fixed an issue with undo of sequence color changes that are limited to a single strand.
- Corrected the "Copy" shortcut when viewing a protein sequence or multi-protein alignment.
- Ensured more robust behavior when adding primers to DNA sequences.
- Turned on the display of truncated primer description data when full descriptions are
toggled off in Primers view.
- Corrected an issue in which simplified primer binding sites were not shown after modifying
- Ensured that sufficient space is always allocated above displays of complex primer
binding sites in Sequence view.
- Turned on display of the parental enzyme set when viewing Nicking Endonucleases in Sequence
and Map views.
- Improved reliability when importing from Addgene.
- Improved the import of Addgene sequences that contain slashes in their names.
- Ensured that side toolbar buttons in dialogs are not hidden.
- Corrected a regression in which two copies of common features such as EGFP were sometimes
annotated when detecting common features.
- Removed "Match Threshold" controls from the "Add to Common Features" dialog.