Home » Release Notes »
Changes in version 5.2.3 (Nov 23, 2020)
- Corrected a regression to enable the "Copy" command when a portion of an aligned sequence
(Reportd by Jai Padmakumar)
- Corrected an issue that could prevent protein search results from being shown.
(Reported by Renato Lemgruber)
- Improved the size and placement of the License Agreement and Align Multiple Sequences
(Reported by Brian Tooker)
- Ensured proper opening of GenBank files that omit the molecule type in the LOCUS line.
(Reported by Oliver Coleman)
- Fixed an issue that could prevent using a attR Gateway site that lacks an optional
leading nucleic acid.
(Reported by Robert Bill)
- Fixed an issue with using Gateway fragments whose junctions lie at or very near the
(Reported by Robert Bill)
- Ensured that files and collections located on network drives are included in the
Open Recent File and Open Collection menus.
(Reported by Katherina Witte)
- Fixed various glitches with displaying codon and ORF selections in Sequence view.
(Reported by James Scott)
- Improved the appearance of tabs on macOS 11 Big Sur.
- Corrected a regression to ensure auto-scrolling in Sequence view for selections made
using the minimap or another view.
(Reported by Stuart Cahalan, Scott James, and Théo Grebert)
- Corrected a regression to ensure display of restriction sites in sequences aligned to a
reference DNA sequence.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in ORFs sometimes not being shown.
- Ensured that "Find" matches remain highlighted after switching away
from and then back to Sequence view or Map view.
- Ensured that "Find" matches are shown after restoring the
"Find similar DNA sequences" controls.
- Ensured that palindromic "Find" matches are highlighted in both strands.
- Ensured proper display of "Find similar DNA sequences" matches that wrap around the
- Improved the behavior of the search box in the Choose Enzymes window when searching for a
noncutter while the "Hide noncutters" checkbox is checked.
- Fixed an issue with detecting Gateway sites that have been customized by the user.
- Fixed an issue with annotating Gateway sites that lie near the numerical origin after
performing BP or LR cloning.
- Ensured reliable import of features from SwissProt files.
- Ensured reliable opening of SwissProt files that contain limited header information.
- Corrected a regression to force use of the correct font in the New DNA File and
New Protein File dialogs.
- Ensured accurate display of multiple sequence alignment file names in the Window menu
- Improved reliability when installing software updates on macOS Big Sur.