Home » Release Notes »
Changes in version 5.2.4 (Dec 15, 2020)
- Added DNA ladders from GeneBio Systems.
(Requested by Dan)
- Improved application stability when dragging out selections.
(Reported by Kengo Adachi and others)
- Corrected a regression to ensure detection of restriction sites whose recognition
sequences span the numerical origin.
(Reported by Anthony Picard)
- Populate the "Description" fields when pasting GenBank content into the New File dialogs.
(Reported by Dustin Rubinstein)
- Improved the detection of sequence type when importing DNASTAR SeqBuilder files.
(Reported by Oleh Rymarenko)
- Corrected a regression to restore transfer of primers when pasting a copied DNA sequence.
(Reported by Peter Diebold)
- Fixed an issue that could result in editing-induced disappearance of a sequence aligned
to a reference DNA sequence.
(Reported by Paula)
- Enabled simulation of Gateway BP and LR recombination around the numerical origin.
(Reported by Matthew Sale)
- Improved application stability when searching for enzymes, features, and primers.
- Corrected a misleading message that was shown when a problem occurred during
- Ensured that the enzyme set indicator does not occlude content after scrolling to the
bottom of Sequence view.
- Streamlined the side toolbar in the Insert Codons, Choose Alternative Codons,
Browse Common Features and Insert Feature dialogs.
- Restored highlighting of the called base under the mouse when viewing sequence traces.
- Improved application stability when using the "Find similar DNA sequences" command.
- Improved performance when showing the Add Primer dialog and other dialogs that
provide controls for choosing files.
- Ensured highlighting of the inserted region for Gateway BP cloning in the Insert tab,
and of the ancestral insert in History view for the resulting product file.
- Restored import of ssRNA sequences as double-stranded rather than single-stranded DNA.
- Prevented repetitive alignment to a reference sequence when making simple edits such as
insertions, deletions, and same-size replacements.
- Ensured that the Next button is the default control after searching a sequence trace.
- Ensured correct scrolling of Sequence, Features, and Primers views in response to a
change in the selection, but only when appropriate.
- Improved application stability when quitting.
- Improved application stability when hovering over aligned sequences.
- Improved application stability when mousing over features.
- Improved application tability when searching a collection for a named feature.
- Improved application stability when importing primers.
- Improved reliability when importing from NCBI.