Home » Release Notes »
Changes in version 5.3.1 (Jun 8, 2021)
- Ensured retention of unchanged alignment name and omission of name controls when using
the "Replace" option when redoing an alignment.
- Fixed an issue where File → Save did not work after redoing an unsaved alignment.
- Preserved the display of preferred codons when switching between DNA and mRNA formats when
viewing a codon usage table.
- Allocated sufficient space to display the "Size" column in Features view when
viewing ssDNA and ssRNA sequences.
- Prohibited pasting when multiple files are selected in a collection.
- Prevented a crash that would occur after double-clicking when importing SnapGene and
Addgene online sequences.
- Completely removed the installation folder when uninstalling on Windows.
- Enabled "File → Export → Alignment..." and "File → Export → Consensus..."
when viewing an alignment.
- Made significant stability improvements.
- Reduced memory usage.
- Improved date formatting on Windows.
- Improved button placement in History view.
- Fixed an issue that could cause custom common features to be corrupted by using the
right-click context menu to edit a common feature.
(Reported by several users)
- Removed the "Hybridization Parameters" menu action when viewing an RNA sequence in
- Improved manual adjustment of vertical scaling of sequences traces aligned to a
- Fixed an issue that prevented importing from Vector NTI databases on Windows.
(Reported by Dunhua Zhang)
- Addressed an issue with importing some Vector NTI Express databases.
(Reported by Max Fu)
- Fixed an issue in which the text representation of History view did not always refresh
immediately when edits were made or undone.
- Ensured correct enabling and disabling of the "Edit History" control in History view
when the history is modified.
- Corrected an issue that allowed duplicate primers with the same name but different
sequence case to be imported into a file.
- Corrected various issues that could occur when attempting to add features to the common
features database, or importing such features, if they were marked as not visible in the
- Ensured correct export of common features to the specified folder.
- Addressed issues that prevented collections stored on Windows network shares from being
listed as recent collections in the File → Open Collection menu.
- Improved fonts and text placement in History view.
- Improved the message shown if an alignment is selected in a collection.
- Corrected an issue that could cause pop-up menus to remain open when the Launch dialog
- Corrected an issue that prevented saving a new file created from a selection from being
saved to an open collection.
- Ensured remembering of a preference for showing additional binding sites that do not
match at the 3' end.
(Reported by Dan Piraner)
- Corrected a regression that prevented imported primers from being restricted to those that
have a unique binding site.
(Reported by Lauri Lintott, Michal Dolezal, and Jadyn Cox)
- Ensured that the chosen enzyme set and enzyme visibility are retained when undoing
(Reported by Scott James)
- Ensured that bold is correctly used to highlight unique cutters after undoing sequence
- Reduced the file size when exporting maps and history as PNG images.
(Reported by Xavier Danthinne)
- Improved the toggling of enzyme visibility when repeatedly clicking check boxes in
- Fixed an issue that prevented looking up an enzyme by right-clicking in the Enzyme or
Sites column in Enzymes view.
- Fixed an issue that incorrectly suggested a sequence trace has unsaved edits after using
File → Save As.