Home » Release Notes »
Changes in version 6.1 (Jul 5, 2022)
- New Golden Gate Assembly simulation tool, either using existing Type IIS enzymes
or through automated primer and overhang design
- New Secondary Structure view tab for single stranded RNA sequences.
Structures calculated using the ViennaRNA package
- Added support for Dark mode, automatically using the OS settings for macOS
- Native support for Apple Silicon machines
- Enabled customization of content exported to GenBank including LOCUS field
identifier and feature export options
- Added "Synthetic Protein" and "Unknown" options for the Source attribute in
the description panel
- Added DNA ladders from OriGene
- Ladder fragment lengths are now displayed in the fragment list in agarose gels
- Added LOBSTR to the list of E. coli strains
- Improved the detection and simplified the display of primer hybridizations
with 3' overhangs
- Provide a cancel option when a message is shown indicating an unknown or not
installed custom feature type must be addressed before proceeding with
editing or duplicating one or more features
- Added links to SnapGene Academy
- Extensive optimizations
- Various textual and layout enhancements
- Improved stability
- Fixed various memory leaks
- Fixed issues with opening some GenBank files
- Ensured the fragment list in cloning dialogs continue to refresh when either
enzyme is manually cleared
- Improved text spacing after punctuation characters on macOS
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Enzymes view "Select Range" context menu
command from working
- Improved mouse pointer shape when over links in Collection windows
- Fixed or improved various links to SnapGene.com pages
- Fixed an issue where cloning dialogs could get stuck generating the product
- Fixed an issue where some windows omitted the title bar on Windows
- Fixed an issue where selected codons were not always shown using a white
foreground in Sequence view
- Fixed an issue where Ready to Clone was still shown after adding or removing a
fragment, even if cloning was no longer possible
- Use the default file format specified in Preferences when exporting alignments
- Fixed an issue with Geneious file import where features in protein sequences
could erronously be translated
- Fixed an issue with Geneious file import where introns in nucleotide sequences
imported were translated
- Fixed an issue where the Enter key in the numpad was not responsive when a
combo box or line edit had focus on macOS
- Improved image quality when exporting to EMF format
- Improved display of checkboxes on Windows
- Fixed dropdown menus in Windows which sometimes had clipped text
- Fixed issues with the display and behaviour of default buttons in dialogs
- Fixed an issue with files appearing disabled in the macOS file explorer when
they were able to be chosen
- Fixed an issue that prevented pasting into the Find control in the Open and
Save As dialogs on macOS
- Fixed an issue that prevented importing AddGene sequences that contain
reserved characters in the file name into a Collection on Windows
- Corrected an issue that resulted in an incredibly wide window when importing a
database from CSV format that lacks headers into a Collection
- Fixed an issue where ancestral sequences that cannot be resurrected were shown
as blue links in the text format of History view
- Fixed an issue where the Add Primer command could add a primer to an open DNA
window even if a Collection window was active when the command was triggered
- Fixed an issue with the display of an amino acid selection highlighting within
- Fixed an issue on Ubuntu whereby AB1 files in a Collection opened in
SnapGene Viewer if installed
- Fixed some issues with dialogs opening in strange positions, such as on a
- Addressed a stability issue when editing a collection description.
- Fixed an issue with importing mixed content types from NCBI
- Fixed various issues with the sequence name when importing from NCBI,
especially when using the COMPLEMENT operator.
- Fixed a number of printing issues on Windows when the operating system
is set to scale all content to 100% or 150%.
- Fixed the appreance of the transformation strand menu in the
Change Methylation dialog on Windows.
- Fixed printing the header for multiple sequence alignments on Windows using
- Improved printing margins on Windows.
- Improved print quality of mutiple sequence alignments on Windows.
- Imporved the default height of the Insert Codons dialog.
- Improved the horizontal alignment of text in the fragmnets list shown in
Agarose Gel documents.
- Improved the display of site feature labels in multiple sequence alignemnts.
- Fixed an issue where browsed or edited common features are not realible shown
with all relevant qualifiers in the Browse Common Features dialog.
- Repliably respect the "Detect either an exact protein match or approximate DNA
match" setting when detecting common features.
- Improved margins when printing on Windows
- Fixed horizontal alignment of enzyme names when printing on Windows.
- Addressed various issues when printing on Windows with the display scaling
set to 200% or higher.
- Improved the width of spinboxes on Windows.
- Avoid elliding menu commands on Windows
- Fixed various issues that made it difficult to install software updates on Windows.
- Improved behavior of progress bar when when installing software updates on macOS.