Effective 31 Oct 2023
Personal Information that GSL Biotech May Collect
GSL Biotech collects personal information, including names, e-mail addresses, and billing information. This information is collected when voluntarily provided by users making purchases, using our software, subscribing to our newsletter, requesting assistance, providing feedback, or participating in our user forum.
GSL Biotech collects identifying information about devices that use SnapGene software for software licensing purposes. GSL Biotech collects IP addresses from visitors to the websites snapgene.com and www.snapgene.com.
With your permission, we may also collect non-personally identifying statistics about the functions you use in our SnapGene desktop software, and how often you use them. These usage statistics do not include Personal Information or the contents of your data that you process using the software. This usage tracking is an optional setting, and can be turned on and off at any time by following these steps:
- Go to Preferences
- In the General section, select ‘Send anonymous usage information’ to turn usage tracking on, or deselect it to turn it off.
GSL Biotech does not knowingly collect or maintain any personal information from children under the age of 16. In addition, no part of our website is designed with the purpose of attracting any person under age 16.
How GSL Biotech Uses Personal Information Collected
We use the information we collect for a variety of purposes, including:
- To provide, operate, maintain, improve and promote our Services.
- To enable you to access and use our Services, including uploading, downloading, sharing and collaborating on data.
- To process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices.
- To communicate with you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email) for the purposes of responding to your comments, questions and requests, providing customer service and support, providing you with information about our Services, features, surveys, offers, promotions, events and other news, and sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages. You can opt out of receiving promotional communications.
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in our Services.
- To investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to our Services, and other illegal activities.
- To protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim.
- For other purposes authorized by you or applicable privacy laws.
How GSL Biotech Shares Personal Information Collected
We will not share or disclose any of your personal information or data with third parties except as described in this policy. We do not sell your personal information or data.
You should also be aware that any administrator of your instance of our products or services may be able to access information in and about your account, disclose, restrict, or access information that you have provided or that has been provided to you when using your account, and control how your account may be accessed or deleted.
Where we work with third party service providers to provide hosting, back-up, storage, virtual infrastructure, payment processing, analysis or any other services, these third parties may have access to or process your information in the course of providing these services, but our agreements with these third parties do not provide them with any rights to use (other than for the purposes of providing their services to us), access or distribute any of your information or data.
We may disclose your information to a third party if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary
- to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request,
- to enforce our agreements, policies and terms of service,
- to protect the security or integrity of our Services, or
- to protect GSL Biotech, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities.
To the extent reasonably necessary, we may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to a third party, however, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the third party is under industry standard obligations of confidentiality.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you with the third parties described above.
Cookies and Security
A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a Web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. GSL Biotech uses non-identifying cookies to provide easier site navigation and access to forms. You can still use the general website if your browser is set to reject cookies, though some features of the account management page may not function properly with cookies disabled. Our cookies do not generate personal data, do not read personal data from your machine and are never tied to anything that could be used to identify you.
Compliance with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
GSL Biotech extends the protections required by the GDPR to all users regardless of location. Specifically, in addition to the policies listed above:
- GSL Biotech does not engage in profiling or indirect collection of data.
- Data is retained for as long as needed to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected.
- You have a right to request a copy of your personal data.
- You have a right to correct your personal data if they are incomplete or inaccurate.
- Upon your request, we will erase your personal data unless required by law not to do so.
Please direct any questions relating to our data collection policies to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This site includes IP2Location LITE data available from http://lite.ip2location.com.
All areas on this website that may involve the transmittal of personal information, such as purchase pages and account management pages, are configured to send and receive information only over secure connections.