Home » Release Notes »
Changes in version 5.0.8 (Mar 23, 2020)
- Added support for importing whole genome shotgun sequencing projects from NCBI.
(Requested by Chance Meers)
- Added a sequence length indicator for sequences imported into the Assemble Contigs dialog.
- Made various text, color, and icon enhancements.
- Enabled "Save All", "Save to Collection", and "Save to Main Collection"
commands when multiple files are selected in a collection.
- Corrected an issue that could cause the font used in Sequence view to be wrong on Windows.
(Reported by Ben Mcneil, Anna Doyle, Terese Tansey, and Dominic Esposito)
- Fixed an issue that prevented double-clicking from opening files with spaces in their
names on Lubuntu Linux.
(Reported by Sahand Jamal Rahi)
- Ensured that features that wrap around the numerical origin are always properly displayed.
(Reported by Théo Grebert)
- Corrected an issue that prevented opening sequence traces from remote locations when
the file path includes non-Latin characters.
(Reported by Yusuke Maeda)
- Fixed a stability issue when expanding the "Aligned Sequences" menu using SnapGene Viewer.
(Reported by Venkat Kalyana Sundaram)
- Ensured correct creation of features with annotated gaps from selected aligned sequences.
(Reported by Olaf Kranse)
- Ensured that newly imported sequences for aligning to a reference DNA sequence
are always trimmed properly.
(Reported by Ridvan Cetin)
- Prevented a collection from becoming unresponsive when adding files manually before
dismissing the "Add DNA File" dialog.
(Reported by Gage Leighto)
- Fixed an issue with writing feature names to GenBank format for assembly_gap,
mobile_element, propeptide, regulatory, and telomere feature types.
(Reported by Hassan Tarabai)
- Ensured that release notes are consistently shown when announcing that a new
version of SnapGene is available.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in the End User License Agreement dialog being too tall
on smaller displays.
- Ensured that matches to searches are always shown.
- Ensured that Shift-clicking items in a list consistently results
in a range-based selection.
- Fixed an issue that prevented aligning a pair of DNA or protein sequences on some
- Improved the conversion of DNA alignments to protein alignments.
- Improved the mouse cursor for various controls that show tooltips but do not respond to
- Ensured proper display of the message indicating that hybridization
parameters need to be adjusted to show primer binding sites.
- Removed the "Show alignments" button from the side toolbar in the Design Synthetic
- Ensured correct labeling of protein feature segments after making a protein from a DNA
feature that contains introns.
- Changed "bases" to to "residues" in the REFERENCE field when exporting protein sequences
to GenPept format.
- Corrected an issue with annotating common features that are found at the beginning
of the sequence.
- Improved highlighting of feature boundaries under the mouse cursor when using compact
format in Sequence view.
- Fixed an issue that prevented import of unsaved open sequences into the
"Assemble Contigs" dialog.
- Corrected a stability issue that resulted from closing a window while a menu was expanded.
- Corrected an issue with aligning multiple DNA sequences that were recently imported
- Ensured that header buttons are not always aligned with the column content
when viewing a collection in List format.
- Improved the behavior when double-clicking folders in collections.
- Ensured that appropriate icons are shown next to unsaved files in the Window menu.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent operation of the MUSCLE aligner.
- Ensured that the Print and Save buttons in the toolbar are always correctly
enabled or disabled when viewing a collection.
- Corrected an issue in which protein sequences that count from a value other than 1 were
sometimes shifted to the right in Sequence view.
- Improved the display of a cursor placed within a gap when viewing alignments to a
reference DNA sequence in Sequence view.
- Corrected an issue that could result in feature labels being shown without being connected
by a stem.