Home » Release Notes »
Changes in version 5.1.3 (May 21, 2020)
- Enhanced Sequence view so that when two panels of sequence are visible in a split window,
the minimap at the top shows the visible regions from both panels.
- Enhanced cloning dialogs to fit on smaller displays.
(Requested by Fayang Zhou)
- Support polyA_site point features.
- Made various textual enhancements.
- Enhanced the GFF3 importer to handle files that mark a single sequence with multiple
(Reported by a customer)
- Fixed an issue that prevented opening of some Vector NTI® .apr alignment files.
(Reported by K.L. Cheung)
- Corrected a regression that prevented files in a collection's "Working Set" from being
listed in source menus in action dialogs.
(Reported by Thom Hughes)
- Improved stability when importing protein features from another SnapGene file.
(Reported by Anton Schmitz)
- Corrected an issue that could result in poor alignments.
- Corrected a regression that prevented restriction sites blocked by methylation from being
shown in gray in Enzymes View using Numbers mode.
- Corrected a regression that prevented sorting of restriction sites in Enzymes view by
location of the first site or by distance from the selection.
- Ensured proper import of SnapGene online sequence files that contain "&" in their names,
such as the COVID-19 genome file.
- Corrected a regression that could prevent enzymes in aligned sequences from reflecting
the chosen option for displaying enzymes.
- Ensured that Enzymes view does not scroll when toggling enzyme visibility.
- Corrected an issue that made it difficult to trim aligned sequences by dragging
a trimming handle when using double-stranded DNA format.
- Improved the export to GenBank and other text formats of features that contain "&" and
other symbols in qualifiers.
- Improved the appearance of a selection in an aligned sequence when manual trimming
partially occludes the selection.
- Corrected a regression that prevented invoking the Destroy Restriction Site or Remove
Restriction Fragment dialogs by pressing Delete or Backspace in Enzymes view.
- Ensured that toggling enzyme visibility no longer marks a file as unsaved.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent dashes within gaps from being shown when viewing an
alignment to a reference DNA sequence.
- Prevented aligned bases from being shown in red at the endpoints of an alignment.
- Fixed an issue that could cause "Redo Alignment" to fail for some files.
- Ensured that the Edit Feature dialog correctly indicates that segment ranges can overlap
if features with overlapping segments were imported from GenBank or other file formats.
- Improved the default ratio between the two panel heights when generating a split window.
- Prevented unnecessary vertical space from being allocated when laying out aligned
sequences in double-stranded DNA format when enzymes are visible.
- Improved the file information shown for registered file types in the Windows Explorer
and the macOS Finder.
- Improved the display of aligned regions in Map view.