Changes in version 0.8 (Mar 20, 2012)
- SnapGene can now view sequence trace files and supports a wide range of such file formats (ABI, AB1, ABD, ALF, CTF, SCF and ZTR).
- When importing from GenBank you can now convert sequences to uppercase automatically if you’d prefer.
- SnapGene now supports remote deactivation by lab managers from the My Account page.
- More space-efficient printing.
(Suggested by the A. Matouschek lab)
- The “Add Feature” dialog now suggests translating features that look like CDS’s when OKing out if they are not currently marked for translation.
- Made “Go To” dialog a sheet on OSX, just like the Select Range dialog.
- Improved file association controls in the Windows installer.
- SnapGene is now code signed on OSX, in theory making it OSX 10.8 compatible.
- Updated the Common Features database to just under 200 features.
- Enhanced the find controls context menu.
- Enhanced importing references, descriptions and comments from GenBank files.
- SnapGene can now remember the original numerical origin even after editing the DNA ends in preparation for TA cloning etc.
- Fixed a bug that could result in erroneous run-on translations being displayed for detected common features when using the New DNA File dialog.
(Reported by Dan Kraut)
- Fixed a bug that prevented SnapGene from being able to open FASTA files that use carriage returns instead of new linear characters.
- Fixed a bug that resulted in the selection not being updated properly when using the Set Origin command.
- Fixed a bug with undoing setting the origin.
- Windows installer now checks and prevents installation on older incompatible Windows versions
(aka versions prior to Windows XP).
- Fixed a bug that resulted in needless tooltips being displayed when using right click feature context menus.
- Fixed a bug that effected importing features from another file.
- Fixed a bug where when erasing history, history colors were not also erased.
- Fixed a bug that resulted in terminal phosphates being displayed when viewing standard common features.
- Fixed a bug that resulted in incorrect feature propagation when inserting one or two fragments at a 5′ sticky cut site after first filling in the 5′ overhangs.
- Fixed a bug that resulted in incorrect feature propagation when copying and pasting a region that wraps around the numerical origin.